The Six Mile Lake Archives
The Six Mile Lake Cottagers Association is gathering information about the history of our lake. We would appreciate hearing your family’s story about the early days on the lake or your experiences when you became a cottager on the lake.
We are looking for the following information:
- When did you first come to the lake?
- How did you first learn about the lake?
- How did you obtain your lot?
- Describe your travel into the lake?
- What was on the lake when you arrived?
- What did the landing/marina look like?
- Did you meet other people and who were they?
- What building requirements needed to be met?
- How did you get your building supplies to the site?
- What hardships were encountered?
- Describe your living conditions while you built your cottage?
We are also interested in older pictures of life on the lake that can be shared with the lake community.
If you would like to contribute to the archives, please contact us at
Six Mile Lake Book
Our book, Echoes of Six Mile Lake, was published in the summer of 2009.
The book details the stories and history of the lake from the late 1800's up to today.
At the links below you will find select excerpts from the book. We hope you enjoy them.Echoes of Six Mile Lake - Page 15.pdf
Echoes of Six Mile Lake - Pages 44-45.pdf
Echoes of Six Mile Lake - Page 67.pdf
Echoes of Six Mile Lake - Pages 80-84.pdf
A limited number of books are still available.
If you would like to purchase a copy, please contact Mary Boddy at 705-756-2955 or at
Six Mile Lake Book Corrections
The corrected page 36 of the book is available at the link below.Echoes of Six Mile Lake - Page 36.pdf
Top of Page
Last update: March 28, 2012 08:21:45 PM