The Six Mile Lake Cottagers Association is a volunteer organization committed to representing the interests of the residents of Six Mile Lake.
The Association was founded in the summer of 1940 and incorporated in 1957.
The Mission of the association is:
- To promote water and boating safety.
- To monitor water quality on a ongoing basis.
- To support and manage the annual regatta.
- To inform lake residents about government action that affect them.
- To inform lake residents about official plans, by-laws and building codes affecting their property.
- To educate lake residents and others about the environmental impact of their actions.
- To maintain membership in FOCA, GBA and other non-profit organizations dedicated to the cause of conservation.
- To promote fire safety and prevention.
- To promote a sense of community among the lake residents through the support of social events.
Last update: March 28, 2012 08:21:45 PM